Terms & Conditions
- These Terms and Conditions set forth the rules for participation at Podim conference (hereafter: Conference), described in these Terms and Conditions, as well as the types, scope and conditions for the electronic provision of services by the website https://podim.org (hereafter: the Website) powered by institute Tovarna podjemov (hereafter: Organizer). Unless there is an explicit written consent of the Organizer to bear the Terms and Conditions of the participant, only these Terms and Conditions are valid. The following Terms and Conditions apply for the entire period of the contractual relationship between the Organizer and the party ordering the ticket – a natural or legal person (hereafter: Ordering Party) as well as for all services that are related to the booking and the participation at Podim conference and/or the use of the Website.
- The provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall apply to Participants and Partners of the Conference, as well as to individuals and entities using the Website. Services associated with the Podim conference concerning inter alia the sale of partnership packages may be provided on the basis of other agreements executed with the Organizer.
- By accessing this Website, you are agreeing to be bound by these Website’s Terms and Conditions, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you should not use or access this Website.
- The Organizer may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice. By using this Website you agree to be bound by the then current version of these Terms and Conditions of use.
Conclusion of the agreement
- The agreement on participation over the entire period of the Conference is due to the sending of an electronic booking over the implemented tickets.podim.org booking system (hereafter: Booking System) or via email and corresponding acceptance. The acceptance by the Organizer must be in writing and done by sending an email through the used Booking System, or through a manually written email to the said party.
- A booking, respectively a ticket purchase, both via the implemented Website’s Booking System, as well as via email correspondence, is binding. The purchase is confirmed by an automated email from the Organizer. If the Ordering Party does not receive the automated email, this does not release the Ordering Party from its duties.
- The Organizer reserves the right to refuse to allow the Ordering Party to participate in the Conference and cancel the order without providing an explanation. The Organizer is under no obligation to forward information about refusal of confirmation of participation at the Conference and cancelation of the order to Ordering Parties. In the Conference the Organizer refuses to allow the Ordering Party to participate in the Conference and cancels the order, the Organizer shall refund the payment for participation in the Conference without delay.
- Registration should be performed no later than one day before the start of the Conference.
- Startup, Scaleup and Student or Researcher tickets must be approved by the Organizer. Approval is made on the basis of the individual application made by the startups or scaleups or student or researcher. The Organizer verifies the application with the help of Conference Partners and together they decide to allow a startup, scaleup and student or researcher to participate in the Conference. They will receive the confirmation of participation via email. In case of startup, scaleup and student or researcher applications the deadline is provided on a Website. The deadline may be extended according to the decision of the Organizer.
- Deadline for payment and downloading Startup, Scaleup and Student or Researcher tickets is defined by the Organizer and is provided on the Website. After the deadline, the startup or scaleup or student or researcher loses the right to participate in the Conference.
- Following the purchase of the Investor ticket, the Organizer will ask the Ordering Party to provide additional information regarding their investor status and their investment activities. In addition, the Ordering Party will be asked to provide the Organizer with the materials intended for public use to publish them on the Website and other promotional materials of the Conference. In case the Ordering Party does not provide the Organizer with the requested additional information and materials in the given deadline or the Organizer in its sole discretion concludes the Ordering Party’s investment activities are not sufficient, the Organizer reserves the right to convert the Investor ticket into the Business Executive ticket. The Business Executive ticket grants the Ordering Party the same rights as the Investor ticket, except for the promotion of the Ordering Party as an investor during the Conference and on the Website.
- The Ordering Party shall undertake to complete the registration form with proper and correct information. The Organizer shall not bear liability for loss arising out of incorrect information entered into the registration form by the Ordering Party.
- The Organizer reserves the right to publish the names of enterprises and of people participating in the Conference.
- As indicated on the Website prices are prices including VAT in euros. The final price will be within the respective invoice and the payment is due without deductions at the noted deadline.
- The Organizer reserves the right to refuse entry to Ordering Party to the Conference in case of an unpaid invoice.
- In case of delay of payment the Organizer is entitled to charge interest at the rate of 10% (in words: ten percent) above the base rate without notice.
- Valid payment methods are: Credit Card, PayPal and direct bank transfer. For the direct transfer the Ordering Party will receive a Proforma Invoice to the provided email. Proforma Invoice is due no later than 1 (one) day before the start of the conference.
Cancellation and disclosure to third parties
- Ticket cancellation and passing on the ticket to the other person is possible. The deadline for cancelation or passing on the ticket is 10 (ten) working days before the start of the Conference. Cancellation or passing on request must be done in writing to email email@example.com. In case of passing on the ticket, Organizer will not charge any extra costs or fees. In case of cancellation 95 EUR including VAT per ticket will be retained by the Organizer as a cancellation administration fee. In case of cancellation after the defined deadline for any reason or in case that cancellation was not done in writing to the defined email, full ticket fee will be charged. In case the registered Ordering Party cannot attend the Conference due to the force majeure, the substitute person can apply no later than one day before the start of the conference by providing the person’s name, surname and email. 47,5 EUR including VAT of additional administration costs will apply. In case the details of the substitute person are not provided, the ticket cannot be used by the said person.
- Passing on the tickets which require special validation (Startups, Scaleups and Students and Researchers) require written approval by the Organizer.
- Entering the Conference with an unauthorized ticket is prohibited and will be penalized by taking away the ticket and expelling the person from the Conference.
- The Organizer reserves the right to change ticket prices individually and offer cooperation partners or similar third parties other prices than those officially communicated.
- Startups and scaleups approved to participate in the Conference can resign up to 14 days before the Conference starts. Absence of startup or scaleup on the Conference without written notice as written above will be penalized with charging an additional no-show fee of 500 EUR without VAT per company.
Limitation of liability
- The owed service of the Organizer is limited to the organization of the Conference. The Organizer is not liable for the quality of lectures and presentations and in particular for the loss of lectures as well as the schedule and content of the Conference. Furthermore, the Organizer assumes no liability for the accuracy and completeness of the lectures and presentations (keynotes, venture building workshops, corporate innovation workshops, group mentoring sessions, topic deep dives, panels and talks) provided.
- The participants have no claim for accessing certain program points and / or speakers. For damages, the Organizer shall only be liable for gross negligence and / or willful misconduct. The Organizer is also not liable for loss or damage of brought or acquired objects and excludes liability for personal injury. No consequential, non-material or indirect damage and no loss of profit shall be reimbursed by the Organizer.
- The materials on the Website are provided “as is”. Tovarna podjemov makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, the Organizer does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
Terms governing specific services
2. The Startup Pitching Competition: As part of the Conference, the Organizer shall organize a challenge for startups under the title “Podim Pitching Competition”. Only selected startups whose involvement in the has been confirmed by the Organizers, may take part in the Competition. In order to participate in Podim Pitching Competition it is necessary to take the following steps:
- Registration of participation in the Competition by completing the form on the website: https://form.jotform.com/193643840927063
- Complete Detailed Registration form on the website: https://form.jotformeu.com/193633995867379
- Following initial verification, the Organizers will invite selected startups to proceed to the next stage of the Competition – Pitching on 18th of May 2020. Verification shall be conducted along with the Conference Partners, based on the information delivered during the registration.
- Following initial verification, a startup may receive an invitation to participate in the further stage of Competition during the Conference.
- Upon receiving an invitation to participate in the Conference the startup shall receive detailed information concerning their presentation during the first stage of the Competition.
- Startups selected by the Organizers will make presentations at the Conference in front of a jury, composed of experts.
- The jury will select the startups which qualify for the finals, and which will again give their presentations on the main stage during the final day of the Conference.
- The award for the Competition winner is following: one week all-inclusive networking trip to London and one year FREE office space in TMRW, south London’s No1 Tech workspace. The Organizer reserves the right to announce additional prizes, which do not have to be used by a startup.
- Detailed information about The Competition, including the number of start-ups which are qualified for the finals, will be published on the webpage of the Organizer at podim.org.
3. Podim Deal Room: The Organizer uses a third party service Deal Room (https://www.dealroomevents.com) for matchmaking purposes. The Ordering Party is solely responsible for the use of the third party service and agrees to abide by all the Terms and Conditions applicable to the third party service. The Organizer cannot guarantee meetings with the chosen person through the third party service. The participants freely decide who they would like to meet.
4. Podim Marketplace: Podim Marketplace is a dedicated area within the Conference venue where startups and Scaleups, and Partners (hereafter referred to as: Exhibitor or Exhibitors) are given a chance to exhibit their products and services. The Organizer decides on the admission of the Exhibitors and of the exhibition products and services. There is no legal entitlement to admission. Exhibitors which have not met the financial obligations to the Organizer or have violated these Terms may be excluded from admission. In case of overbooking, the right of selection is reserved. The admission of the Exhibitors is confirmed in writing and applies only to the Exhibitor stated therein. The Organizer is entitled to revoke the admission if it was granted on the basis of false preconditions and information, or if the admission requirements do no longer apply at a later date. The Exhibitor has to obtain information about the location and dimension of the stand space on site, if necessary. Upon takeover of the stand, the conditions are acknowledged. Justified complaints have to be notified in writing to the Organizer 3 days before the start of the conference at the latest, so that possible deficiencies can be remedied. It is not allowed to assert claims for damages of any kind, including those arising from errors in the use of the stand. The Exhibitor is responsible to insure the exhibition products and services against all risks of transport, assembly and dismantling and during the Conference, in particular against damage, theft, etc. The Exhibitor is liable to pay damages to the Organizer if the Exhibitor damages the used exhibition space, stand equipment, including LCD monitors, and other property of the Organizer or the Conference location. Considering the limitations of liability in Section 5 of these Terms and Conditions, the Organiser does particularly not assume any liability for loss or damages to exhibition products and services or other assets owned by the Exhibitor, its representative or persons employed or invited by it, including but not limited to loss or damage caused by water, fire, lightning, or in other case of force majeure, damages to the Exhibitor, representatives and other persons working for or invited by the Exhibitor, regardless of the cause of such damages.
5. For sessions with limited participation, e.g. Group mentoring sessions, Dead Room, Quick Fix Sessions, the “first come first served” rule shall apply.
1. The Organizer has a no-solicitation policy covering all aspects of the Conference including but not limited to pre- and post-Conference activities. In order to provide a distraction-free environment for the attendees of the Conference, the Organizer does not allow solicitation at the Conference by attendees or unauthorized parties without the express written permission of the Organizer. This policy includes, but is not limited to the following unauthorized activities.
2. Prohibited Activities:
- Unauthorized receptions, parties, meetings and similar events (including off-site events) for speakers, investors, startups and scaleups and other guests of the Conference during the time they are engaged by the Organizer
- Unauthorized exhibits, mobile exhibits & hospitality services
- Unauthorized membership recruitment activities
- Unauthorized promotion of events
- Unwelcome advances toward event participants or the staff of the Organizer
- Unauthorized on-site distribution of printed or electronic materials including literature, signs, flyers, invitations, tickets, forms, etc. (except business cards)
Any person and/or organization found to be violating this policy may be expelled from the Conference without refund. The Organizer is entitled to charge a penalty fee in the amount of 3.000 EUR. Further claims for damages of the Organizer remain unaffected.
Behavior at the Conference
- If the participant behaves unseemly, illegal or even damaging to the Organizer or other participants at the Conference, the Organizer is entitled to exclude the participant from the Conference. The participant is not entitled to any reimbursement of costs or ticket fees in this case. The Organizer reserves the right to additional compensation claims to be asserted.
- The materials contained in this Website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law. The Website and all content contained therein, regardless of the form in which they are presented, constitute the property of the Organizer.
- Copying and distribution of the content of the Website, as well as any other use of its content without the prior consent of the Organizer, is forbidden. Any further processing, copying, distribution or publication constitutes a breach of copyright.
- The Organizer reserves the right to change the program, the speakers, the location and all other organizational agendas, even at short notice.
- The Organizer reserves the right to cancel the conference at any time, without giving cause.
- In the event of the occurrence of the circumstances described in (1) or (2) above, the Organizer shall publish the relevant information on the Website and shall inform Participants via email, text message (SMS) or by telephone at the number supplied by the participant in the registration form.
- The Organizer shall not reimburse lost profits nor any other costs incurred by the Participant in conjunction with the changes referred to in (1) and (2) above.
- The Organizer shall refund registration fees to Participants within 14 (fourteen) days of the date on which the decision is taken to cancel the Conference and Participants are informed of such.
- The Organizer reserves the right to add new content, to modify existing content on the Website, and also to remove such content in whole or in part.
Duties of Participants and Personal data
- Submitting notification of participation in the Conference or the purchase of a ticket to the Conference constitutes acceptance of these Terms and conditions.
- Participants are obliged to familiarize themselves with these Terms and conditions.
- The Participant shall bear the cost of travel to the Conference and other costs of stay.
- By attending the Conference the participant acknowledges and agrees that the Conference (or any part of it) may be photographed or recorded by the Organizer or its partners. The participant agrees to permit the Organizer, or any third party licensed by the Organizer, to use, distribute, broadcast, or otherwise globally disseminate your likeness, name, voice and words in perpetuity in television, radio, film, newspapers, magazines and other media now available and hereafter developed, both before, during and any time after the Conference, and in any form, without any further approval from the participant or any payment to the participant. This grant includes, but is not limited to, the right to edit the media, the right to use the media (alone or together with other information), and the right to allow others to use or distribute the media.
- By buying a ticket the participant agrees that the company name, the company logo or the word and figurative mark, and photo and video material at the Conference may be used particularly but not exclusively for the promotion of upcoming events of the Organizer. An individual who does not wish to give such consent is obliged to inform the Organizer of such via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, immediately upon completing Registration or purchasing a ticket.
- The User of the Website has the right to submit complaints regarding the Services provided by the Organizer.
- A complaint regarding Services may be submitted by email sent to email@example.com. In order to expedite the process of reviewing complaints, the complaint submission should contain a short justification of the complaint and contact information to the person submitting the complaint, including name and surname, telephone number, and physical or address email address.
- The Organizer shall undertake to review complaints on the Services as quickly as possible, not later than within 14 days, and shall forward a response in writing or to the email address provided in the complaint submission.
- All complaints concerning the Conference should be addressed to the Organizer in writing via registered letter to the address of the Organizers’s seat, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 7 (seven) days after completion of the conference.
- The Organizer shall undertake to review complaints on the Conference as quickly as possible, not later than within 30 (thirty) days,and shall forward a response in writing or to the email address provided in the complaint submission.
Dispute Resolution and Governing law
- Any disputes arising from these Terms and conditions shall be resolved consensually by parties. If such consensual resolution of dispute is not possible, the dispute shall be referred for resolution to the competent court in Maribor, Slovenia. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Slovenia without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
- These Terms and Conditions are in effect from 10th of January 2020.
The Organizer assures that it has been using his best efforts to process Personal Data with respect to the privacy of persons, whose data are processed and to the highest standards of security of Personal Data processing. The Organizer assures that it has taken proper legal measures to ensure the security of Personal Data. In the event of any questions about the collection, use, and/or disclosure of User’s personal data, User may contact the responsible person authorized by the Organizer: Nika Horvat, email@example.com
Like most website operators, the Organizer collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. The Organizer’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how visitors use its Website. From time to time, the Organizer may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its Website.
The Organizer also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. The Organizer does not use such information to identify its visitors, however, and does not disclose such information, other than under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information, as described below.
Your personal data, insofar as these are necessary for this contractual relationship in terms of its establishment, organization of content and modifications, are used exclusively for fulfilling the contract. For services to be rendered, for instance, your name and email address must be relayed to the Organizer.
Without your explicit consent or a legal basis, your personal data are not passed on to third parties outside the scope of fulfilling this contract.
Personal Data of Users shall be processed for the purposes of organization of the conference, provision of electronic services on the Website, for marketing purposes and for the purpose of any possible financial settlements. The legal basis for the processing of data shall be as follows:
- necessity to perform the agreement, i.e. organizing the Conference, invoicing and taxation;
- legitimate interest of the Organizer, such as creating a social network, direct marketing of own products or services, sending a newsletter, securing evidence to protect against claims or establishing and pursuing claims for business activity, evaluation of the quality of services, market research, statistical purposes, in particular to improve the provided services. Personal data may be processed for direct marketing purposes until the objection to such processing is raised;
- protect the vital interests of the data subject –with regard to the sole request of that person, i.e. in the case of requesting a conference invitation for submission to a visa application;
- User’s consent –i.e. in the case of the processing of Personal Data for marketing purposes for users not participating in the conference as well as other scopes and cases specified each time in the content of the consent expressed by the Participant. The User may revoke their consent at any time.
Providing Personal Data is voluntary, but necessary to Register for the Conference. Failure to provide data may result in the inability to register for the Conference.
The Organizer processes or may process including but not limited to the following User’s Personal data that may be provided voluntarily by the User during Registration for the Conference: 1) first and last name, 2) address of residence, 3) social website addresses, 4) electronic addresses; 6) telephone number.
The Organizer may also process Personal Data voluntarily provided by the Participant, for the purpose of sending an official Conference invitation to said Participant, which can be used as evidence submitted in the application for a visa to enter the territory of the country where the Conference takes place. This data includes but is not limited to: 1) Date of submission; 2) Name and surname; 3) Position; 4) Name of the startup; 5) Date of arrival in the country where the Conference takes place; 6)Date of departure from the country where the Conference takes place; 7) Address of stay in the country where the Conference takes place; 8) Type of passport; 9) Country of origin code; 10) Passport number; 11) Nationality; 12) Place of birth (city); 13) Date of birth; 14) Identification number; 15) Date of issuing the passport; 16) Date of validity of the passport; 17) Authority issuing the passport; 18) email address to send a letter with an invitation to the Conference.
The Organizer stores the Personal Data in the Users’ database in order to facilitate the organisation of the Conference. The Organizer reserves the right to store and process the Users’ Personal Data in order to facilitate the organisation of further editions of the Conference.
Personal Data will be stored for the period necessary to achieve the above-mentioned purposes.
The recipients of Personal Data are persons authorised by the Organizer to process data as part of their employment duties, subjects, from whom the Organizer orders services entailing the need to process data (processing subjects). Personal Data may be made available to entities maintaining accounting for the Organizer, entities conducting business in the field of business processes, i.e. IT support.
Due to the use of IT solutions provided by entities from the USA (such as Facebook, gSuite and Active Campaign), the Organizer may transfer Personal Data to the United States of America based on the EU-US Privacy Shield and Standard Contractual Clauses.
The User, whom Personal Data are processed, has the right to request the Organizer to provide the User with access to such data, as well as to correct, remove, limit the processing or object against the processing of their data.
Third party services
Two basic types of cookies are used by the Site:
- session cookies -these are temporary files stored on the User’s Device until logging out, leaving the Site or closing the Software;
- permanent cookies -these are files stored on the User’s Devices for a specific period determined in the parameters of cookie files or until deleted by the User
All or some of the following types of cookie files can be used by the Site:
- “necessary” cookies that enable the Users to use the services offered by the Site,
- “performance” cookies used to gather information on the use of the Site’s websites;
- “functional” cookies used to save the settings and customize the User’s interface, such as language, font size or Website layout;
- “advertising” cookies that provide the User with advertising content more suited to their interests
For the purposes of market research and research on the behaviour and preferences of Users in order to improve the quality of services provided by the Organizer, the Organizer may collect and analyze the statistics about the behavior of visitors to the Website. The user hereby represents that he may use tools for the analysis of traffic on the Site, such as Google Analytics and similar.
This Website uses Google Analytics with the extension “anonymizeIP()”, IP addresses being truncated before further processing in order to rule out direct associations to persons.
Social media cookies and plugins
The Organizer also uses other technologies on the Website which allows the Organizer and Third Party Providers to offer users a more personalized and engaged web experience, e.g. by offering advertisements on social media channels that are more relevant to the user or by allowing the user to share content on the Website via social media. The Organizer therefore uses the following technologies:
Facebook pixels are small pieces of software and are nearly invisible pixel-sized “dots” on the Website which creates a link between the user’s visit to the Website and Facebook. When the pixel loads, Facebook places a so-called “fr”-cookie on the computer, which helps Facebook to provide the user with more personalized advertisements, but also to measure and improve advertisements. This cookie has a lifespan of 90 days. More information on Facebook cookies can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/.
Social plug-ins are small pieces of software which create a link between the user’s visit to the Website and the social media platform of a Third Party Provider. The social plug-in will let the Third Party Provider know that the user has visited the Website and may let the Third Party Provider receive cookies it has placed on your computer beforehand. The Website uses the social plug-ins of the following Third Party Providers:
- Facebook (https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins)
- Twitter (https://dev.twitter.com/web/overview)
- LinkedIn (https://developer.linkedin.com/plugins)
- Pinterest (https://help.pinterest.com/en/articles/all-about-pinterest-browser-butt…)
- Google (https://developers.google.com/+/web/)
Click on the URL’s next to each of these Third Party Providers to learn more about their plug-ins. Note that the Organizer has no control over how these social plug-ins work, the data that they collect or what the Third Party Provider does with this information.
©Tovarna podjemov, zavod
Ulica škofa Maksimilijana Držečnika 6, 2000 Maribor
+386 2 22 94 270